Friday, January 6, 2023

Re-fashioning Jeans

 In our hot and humid climate, jeans are not big movers in our op shop.  We had a $1 a pair sale, and still have full racks..... so I decided to make up a few different bags to see if we can value add items saved from landfill.

 Re-fashioning those items into something useful. 





I made a few variations just to try out the market and sold this one on the first day they were put out! Each one is individual, depending on what fabric I have available.

I tend to lay things out, and then just play around a bit.  Here I am laying out all the options before I start sewing.


 I actually made a lining for this bag with the doilies, and didn't like it, so made another lining.  No worries, I can use that on another bag. 


another bag finished!  

 Do you make items from clothing that would have been thrown into the trash bin?  It gives me such a feeling of satisfaction, and I am so glad to be doing my little bit.  I cannot look at it in the whole scheme of things when I see on the news about piles and piles of garments thrown away.  I just know that I am doing my little bit here and there.  One step at a time.



No comments: